Roman Chamomile has a sweet, herbaceous aroma with notes of bright apple. Its warmth and gentleness can help create a relaxing and calming atmosphere that can make a wonderful addition to children’s nurseries or play areas. Soothing to all types of skin, it’s often used in skin and hair products and even perfumes. Roman Chamomile is a key ingredient in many of Young Living’s most popular blends, including Awaken™, Forgiveness™, and Joy™.
Chamomile has been used as an herbal remedy since ancient times. The word chamomile is derived from the Greek words khamai, meaning on the ground, and melon, meaning apple—likely because of its distinct fruity aroma. Roman Chamomile is a low-growing plant with parsley-like leaves and daisy-like flowers. The flowers are steam distilled to create Roman Chamomile essential oil.
Because of its popularity, quantities are limited to three bottles per account per month.
Roman Chamomile essential oil uses
- Diffuse this oil to freshen the air, especially in rooms where children play or study.
- Apply to the bottoms of feet before bed as part of your family’s evening routine.
- Combine with Citrus Fresh™ for a bright, invigorating scent that’s perfect for mornings.
- Dilute with V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex for a calming back massage before naps or bed.
- Add 4–5 drops to 1 cup Epsom salt for a calming bath at the start of the day or as part of an evening routine.
- Add to Young Living’s Bath & Shower Gel Base for a cleanser your entire family will love.